Our Heart Care is a clinical destination for cardiovascular care and a leader in advancing innovative heart and vascular care for patients with even the most complex conditions.
Integrated Approach to Cardiovascular Care
At Our Heart Care, our standard of care – the way we practice medicine every day – is an integrated approach designed by our own cardiovascular leadership. This model of care has gained national recognition for optimizing quality and improving patient outcomes and experiences.
Our team, trained at the most recognized healthcare organizations in the world, has advanced specialization across all heart and vascular specialties. The combination of cardiovascular expertise and the most innovative procedures and techniques available has resulted in the following national recognitions:
Named as a top 100 heart program nationally by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for overall cardiac services by Healthgrades, which recognizes hospitals for superior outcomes in heart bypass surgery, coronary interventional procedures, heart attack treatment, heart failure treatment, and heart valve surgery. Patients who have these treatments or procedures at these nationally recognized hospitals have a lower risk of dying.
- Beacon Award for Excellence from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses for Cardiac Care Unit at Our Heart Care
- First adult ECMO Program in the state of Georgia to be awarded Center of Excellence designation from The Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO)
- Echocardiography labs accreditation from the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) in echo and stress ECHO
- Five Our Heart Care Hospitals have achieved full Chest Pain Center Accreditation status through the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Our nationally recognized chronic total occlusion (CTO) program boasts a success rate of more than 90 percent, well above the national average.
- As the 2nd largest gift in the nation ever made to a community hospital, the Marcus Foundation granted $75 million to help provide better access to expert healthcare for millions of Georgians.
Research and Discovery Leads to Innovation
Through a strong commitment to research and innovation, we improve the health of our patients and advance the science of medicine. For patients who have been told there are no more options – Our Heart Care finds solutions. Access to cutting-edge therapies through clinical trials, some of which were designed right here at Our Heart Care, and our multidisciplinary team approach enables Our Heart Care specialists to provide hope and positive outcomes where they might not otherwise exist.
Our Culture of Caring
Patients have the benefit of academic medical center clinical excellence, but patient experiences at Our Heart Care are different. Every member of our team is focused on providing a personalized patient centered experience, all in a community setting. We explain every step of your care, helping patients and family members to understand both immediate and long-term heart and vascular health.
Our Centers of Excellence provide a multidisciplinary team approach, organized by patient conditions including:
- Advanced heart failure
- Arrhythmia issues
- General and preventive cardiology
- Interventional cardiology
- Valvular and structural heart disease
- Vascular conditions